Posted by: Pastor J Jacobs on Thu, Mar 21, 2019
After The Ascension Of Jesus Christ.
- Paul’s comment regarding Paradise
2 Corinthians 12:2-4
2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago (whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows) was caught up to the third heaven.
3 And I know that this man (whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, God knows)
4 was caught up into paradise and heard things too sacred to be put into words, things that a person is not permitted to speak.
- Paul’s confidence to be with the Lord
- Because of what was revealed to him in the Spirit realm.
- Because of who he saw minding paradise.
- Because he was shown paradise which he called (third heaven).
- What was revealed to him gave him the courage to want to do as asked by our Lord Jesus.
2 Corinthians 5:8
8 Thus we are full of courage and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.
- For Paul, to die is to be with the Lord
- Paul caught the understanding.
- Paul’s eyes were now very open Spiritually.
- Paul now knew what to do.
- Paul realise that to die is by believing in Christ.
- Paul understood and he realised that the only way to get there is by dying with Christ totally.
21 Since I was confident that you would obey, I wrote to you, because I knew that you would do even more than what I am asking you to do.
22 At the same time also, prepare a place for me to stay, for I hope that through your prayers I will be given back to you.
23 Epaphras, my fellow prisoner in Christ Jesus, greets you.
- The multitude were with Jesus in paradise.
- Paradise was full of people who died righteously.
- Paradise was full of people from all race who died righteously.
- From paradise, you could see the throne, the only difference is that we are not sitting on it yet with Jesus.
- In paradise there is no culture, colour or language clash.
- In paradise, we are all going to be one, wearing similar attires.
9 After these things I looked, and here was an enormous crowd that no one could count, made up of persons from every nation, tribe, people, and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb dressed in long white robes, and with palm branches in their hands.
10 They were shouting out in a loud voice,
“Salvation belongs to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb!”
11 And all the angels stood there in a circle around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they threw themselves down with their faces to the ground before the throne and worshiped God,
“Amen! Praise and glory,
and wisdom and thanksgiving,
and honour and power and strength
be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!”
- Now, the home of the righteous dead, was no longer in this present world or Hades, but now in Paradise.
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.