Posted by: Pastor J Jacobs on Fri, Jan 30, 2015
Heavy rain this month has resulted in extensive flooding in Malawi and Mozambique. So far, more than 114 people have been killed and up to 775,000 people affected, and the rains are still falling. A state of emergency has been declared.
Immediate needs include food and clean drinking water as well as disease prevention and shelter. A number of Tearfund’s partners have suspended their everyday work in order to respond to this emergency. Please pray.
- Pray for an end to torrential rain causing devastating floods in Southern Africa.
- Pray that the government responses in the countries affected will be swift and effective.
- Lift up Tear fund partners including Eagles and EAM and others as they try and help those worst affected.
- Pray for protection for those living in flood-affected areas, especially for children and vulnerable older people.
- These floods could have a severe impact on crop growth; they could also contaminate countless boreholes and destroy businesses, livelihoods and homes in countries where survival can be a struggle at the best of times. Pray against long-term impacts such as these.
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.