Posted by: Pastor J Jacobs on Sun, Dec 20, 2015
1. An invitation from the Son of God, the Messiah, should certainly capture our attention.
1) One whose word is true.
2) Whose intent is pure.
2. This invitation compels us to make a choice.
1) We can reject it but where will we go for blessing?
2) We can accept it and receive the promised rest.
3. Jesus is specific in His invitation. His call is for those who labor under a heavy load.
DISCUSSION: Come Unto Me.
I. Jesus’ Invitation is For All
1. That labor under a heavy load, Rom. 3:23; Heb. 12:1-2.
2. That are willing to take on a lighter yoke, Heb. 5:8-9; John 14:15; John 15:14.
II. Jesus’ Invitation is to Rest
1. Rom. 6:18; John 8:32, 36.
2. Heb. 4:9-11; Rev. 14:11-13; 2 Thess. 1:7.
3. Some claim that obedience to the Lord is an unbearable load. They should consider the burden of sin.
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.