Posted by: Pastor J Jacobs on Fri, Aug 19, 2016
1. The world doesn’t agree. Those able to wage war, engender strive are rewarded.
1) The warlord, revolutionary, the thug,
2) The bully is rewarded.
3) These rewards come by force.
2. Jesus stands in stark opposition to this thought. He epitomizes the peacemaker. He teaches peace in a world of “might makes right.”
I. Jesus Came to Bring Peace Between God and Man.
1. Man is at odds with God because of sin, Rom. 6:23; Rom. 8:7.
2. Jesus brings peace, Rom. 14:17; Eph. 2:17-19.
II. Jesus Came to Bring Peace Between Man and Man
1. He calls us to end gossip, backbiting, quarreling, hatred.
2. Rom. 12:18; 14:19
III. Peacemakers are Called the Children of God
1. Sons of God (ESV).
2. The overcomer will be His son, Rev. 21:7.
3. “Now are we the sons of God,” 1 John 3:2.
4. Peacemaking is an attribute of God. Like Father like son.
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.